IN THE BEGINNING GOD – CREATOR, WORD, SPIRIT
- (Gen 1:1) In the beginning God…
- The Spirit hovered.
- The Word was spoken.
- Life came into being.
- ‘Eloheem’ means gods and is specifically used in the plural.
- God is one (Mark 12:29).
- God is love (1John 4:8).
- Three persons (a trinity) – of one substance.
- The early Church fathers said that the Trinity is joined in an eternal dance of mutual love, joy and honour (peri choresis).
- (John 14:10-17) Father, Son, Spirit.
INTIMACY IS RELATIONAL
- Religion finds intimacy with God offensive.
- Intimacy does not come about through laws and rules.
- The Bible is not a set of rules and regulations.
- It’s a love story.
- It’s His-tory.
- It’s our story.
- The story of God pursuing us in love
Click the button above to read more.
New CovenantA NEW CREATION A NEW TYPE OF HUMAN Gal_6:15 Neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything; what counts is a new creation. Gal 6:15 (MSG) Can't you see the central issue in all this? It is not what you and I do--submit to circumcision, reject...
Difficult Passages in HebrewsTHE GLORIOUS BOOK OF HEBREWS The book of Hebrews is a wonderful letter written to the Jewish believers, probably living in Jerusalem. It declares the glorious divinity of Jesus, His eternal heavenly priesthood on our behalf, the finished...
Finished Work of the Cross1. JESUS' FOCUS WAS HIS DEATH ON THE CROSS John 1:29 The next day John the Baptist saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! Mat 16:21 From that time on Jesus began to explain to his...